- Doctorate in Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine (PCOM)
- Reiki Master/Teacher – Usui Lineage (Chicago)
- Post Graduate Diplomate in Canonical Chinese Medicine (CICEAM)
- Nationally Certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), Board Certified Herbalist
- Illinois Licensed Acupuncturist
- Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (PCOM, Chicago)
- Certificate of Advanced Clinical Training (Liaoning University of TCM in Shenyang, China)
- Certified in Cosmetic Facial Rejuvenation (Denise Ellinger, L.Ac)
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique (CCAOM)
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (American Heart Association)
- BA in Visual Communications (NCA, Poulsbo, WA)
Claretha Yeager is the founder and owner of Jade Path Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. Since 2012, she has helped hundreds of people resolve health issues and inspired them to make better lifestyle choices.
Claretha strives to provide her patients with a comfortable and compassionate healing environment. She is aware that each person comes with a unique set of health obstacles that requires a tailored approach. She uses a combination of acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxabustion, cupping, Reiki, Eastern food therapy, essential oils, and lifestyle recommendations to balance the body to experience better health.
Coming from a family of doctors, dentists, and other health professionals, Claretha was destined for work in medicine. That upbringing combined with a love of art and yoga has shaped Claretha to be an open minded and compassionate listener. She believes that there is a place for conventional western medicine, but after her own frustrating health struggles, she believes there is another way to heal besides taking pharmaceutical pills and undergoing surgery. This experience and understanding makes her a great health ally to those battling chronic health issues.
Aside from acupuncture and herbs, Claretha is passionate about travel and food. Originally from the Seattle area, she moved to Chicago about 15 years ago. In that time her travels have taken her to Europe, Mexico, Panama, India, China, South Africa, and Scandinavia. She enjoys reading, trivia, planning (and dreaming about) her next travel destination and exploring all of Chicago’s cuisines.
Her clinical interests include chronic pain, women’s health (pms, fertility, menopause), digestive conditions (IBS, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diarrhea, constipation), stress and anxiety, headaches and migraines, sleep disorders, cosmetic facial rejuvenation, and supporting those with cancer. To see more treatable conditions click here.
Claretha is open to answering questions about how she can support your health. Feel free to contact her to if you have any questions!